Worried about the Circle setup process? Don’t sweat it — we made it easy to get Circle up and running for your whole family.
In no time, you’ll be setting limits and enjoying balance in your family’s online and offline life. It all starts with the Circle App.
Get the app and create an account
- Grab your phone: Before setting up Circle on your kids’ devices, you’ll need to set up Circle on your own smartphone or tablet.
- Download the Circle Smart Parental Controls app: find it on the App Store or Play Store.
- Create a Circle account: enter your name, email address, and a secure password.
- Sign up for a Circle membership: you can either start a free trial on a month-to-month subscription or scan your Circle Home Plus (if you already have one).
Create Profiles for each family member
- Set Filters: For each Profile, select an age-appropriate Filter Level, then customize the Filter from there.
- Create a few limits: You can set a Bedtime, create Time Limits, and more. You can design an online experience that matches each family member’s age and interests.
- Pair devices: Each Profile should have an iOS or Android device assigned, so your Circle settings can take effect.
- Enable push notifications from Circle in your phone Settings to get helpful alerts about connectivity, daily limits, and more.
Pair Circle Home Plus
- Set up: Tap “Set up Circle Home Plus” from the home screen menu.
- Connect: Connect Circle Home Plus and your router with the ethernet cord.
- Pair: Pair Circle Home Plus with your home Wi-Fi network.
- Assign devices: Assign the Internet-connected devices in your home to your family’s Profiles.