Circle Set Up Essentials
March 22, 2021
Worried about the Circle setup process? Don’t sweat it—we made it easy to get Circle up and running for your whole family.
Download the Circle Parental Controls App and create an account
- Download the Circle Parental Controls app. Find it on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store by searching for “circle parental controls”.
- Start by setting up the Circle app on your own smartphone or tablet before setting up Circle on your kids’ devices.
- Create a Circle account
Activate your Circle subscription
- If you already have a new Circle Home Plus device to manage all the Internet-connected devices in your home and mobile devices anywhere, follow the prompts in the app and scan the QR code to activate your subscription.
- If you don’t have a Circle Home Plus device, you can start a 30-day free trial of the Circle App to manage mobile devices anywhere they go.
Set-up Circle Home Plus on your home network
- Connect: Connect Circle Home Plus and your router using the Ethernet cable.
- Pair: As backup, pair Circle Home Plus with your home Wi-Fi network.
Create Custom Profiles for each family member
- Set Filters: For each Profile, select an age-appropriate Filter Level, then customize to best fit your needs from there.
- Create a few limits: You can set a Bedtime, create Time Limits, and more. Customize each profile based on age and interests and your preferences.
- Assign devices: Each Family Profile should have at least one device assigned so your Circle settings can take effect. For mobile devices that you want to manage outside the home, you will need to download and install the Circle Parental Controls App directly on their device and select the Kid App option during the setup process.
- Assign additional devices: If you’d like to assign another device to the profile, you can select from a list of devices discovered on your network, or you can pair another device by installing the Circle App on the additional device.
Create a Home Profile for devices your family shares (Circle Home Plus owners only)
- Set Filters: Set up a Home Profile and customize filters for your family’s shared devices.
- Assign devices: Add shared devices to the Home Profile by selecting from the list of devices discovered on the network (ex: smart TVs) or by installing the Circle App on devices your family shares.
- Auto Assign devices: When a new device is found on your network, you can choose to have that device set to your Home Profile’s filter level. For example, if your child’s friend comes over, you can assign their device to your Home Profile. Then each time they come over, Circle will automatically apply those filters to the friend’s mobile device.